Drag & drop is a new feature that will only work on an iPad that has iOS 11 installed on it. Not every other app supports drag & drop because it is a rather new feature.
For general questions about how drag and drop works in iOS 11, please refer to this article.
Drag and Drop in GoodNotes
Drag & drop allows you to drag documents, handwriting, images, typed text and other objects from/to GoodNotes. Below you can find a list of all possible interactions.
POSSIBLE & IMPLEMENTED INTERACTIONS
Dragging objects from GoodNotes to another app or vice versa
- Drag document(s) from GoodNotes to other app & vice versa
- Drag handwriting from GoodNotes to other apps. Read more...
- Drag images from GoodNotes to other apps. Read more...
- Drag images from other apps to GoodNotes to...
- Add image(s) to a page
- Create a new document from it by dragging it to a category
- Drag text from a text box in GoodNotes to other apps & vice versa
- Instructions: Long press on the text box > Edit > Select words > Drag & Drop
- Drag a screenshot made with the lasso tool from GoodNotes to other apps
Dragging objects inside of GoodNotes
- Drag screenshot from iOS 11 screenshot thumbnail to the page to create new image on the page
- Drag screenshot from iOS 11 screenshot thumbnail to a category to create new document from it
- Drag a document from one category to another category
Some interactions are not implemented yet and will be added gradually.
- Drag image from a notebook to a category to create new document
- Drag image/handwriting/text from one page to another
- Drag page from thumbnail view to another notebook to move page
- Drag page(s) from thumbnail view to category to create new document
- Drag converted text from preview to page to add text box
- Drag lasso tool screenshot to page or to category
- Drag selected PDF text to to a page to create a text box