The slowness is from the current limitation of the highlighter tool. Since GoodNotes stores everything in vector format, it needs to redraw each stroke one by one each time a page is loaded. With normal pen, this is not a problem because they are opaque, but with highlighter, semi-transparency requires a lot of processing power. Therefore, it is recommended to avoid too much overlapping highlighter strokes, which usually happens when highlighting back and forth over the same place.
Articles in this section
- I can't delete highlighting without deleting my handwriting as well
- After coloring with the highlighter tool, it takes a really long time to load.
- It is not possible to write with my finger.
- The toolbar has disappeared. How to restore it?
- My writings looks like some sort of polygon shapes.
- I can not access the camera in GoodNotes.
- The clock and battery status are hidden.
- When I add a new page using the swipe gesture, it copies the last page of the document.
- The option to disable automatic locking/dimming is not working.
- The iPad switches to another app while writing.