The arrows mean that your notebooks are uploading to iCloud. If you have followed the instructions in this support article, but the arrows don't disappear after a while, please follow the instructions below.
First please back up all the notebooks that show the arrow in the upper right. You have multiple options:
- Use Automatic-Backup or Backup All to an external cloud storage.
- Export the notebooks to an external cloud storage via Edit>Export. Important: Set file format to GoodNotes Document.
- If the backup fails, it might be too large. Back up your files to iTunes instead by connecting your device to your computer with a USB cable.
If backup was successful, continue with the steps below
- Ideally, make a list of all notebooks that were showing the arrow in the upper right, so that you know which ones you might have to exchange with the current version later on.
- In iOS Settings, open iCloud>iCloud Drive and deactivate iCloud Drive. Make sure to deactivate it on top of the list and not only for GoodNotes.
- Confirm that you want to deactivate iCloud Drive, even though GoodNotes is still syncing.
- Open GoodNotes. The library should now be empty.
- Activate iCloud Drive again in iOS Settings.
- Open GoodNotes again and wait for all notebooks to download from iCloud. The notebooks that were showing the arrow should be outdated, or non-existent.
- Import the outdated notebooks from your cloud storage/iTunes back up manually, by using the +>Import function in the library view. You can now delete the duplicated notebooks.
Changes you make in a notebook should now sync to iCloud.
My notebooks don't show an arrow at all
- Check if “Use iCloud” is activated in Options>Settings>iCloud
- Quit the app and open it again.
My notebooks still show an arrow, that won't go away.
If this is the case, please duplicate the concerning notebooks, by using Edit>Duplicate. The duplicates should now upload to iCloud.